When do Beavers meet?
* Monday, 6.00pm to 7.00pm – Monday Colony – Boys & girls
* Tuesday, 6.00pm to 7.00pm – Woodward Colony – Boys & girls
* Thursday,6.00pm to 7.00pm – Barlow Colony – Boys & girls
Occasionally their are optional activities on other evenings and at weekends
How much does Beavers cost?
Weekly subscriptions for membership of 1st Bedworth is £2.50 per week for all sections. This fee covers activity insurance, programme materials, badges and helping to heat, light and maintain the building. It is still payable even if a member does not attend a Colony Night. Please also be aware that activities outside of the section meeting may be at extra cost.
What do Beavers do?
Beaver Scout activities are a combination of learning , adventure and having fun:
* They get to know people from their local community.
* They find out about life in other countries.
* They explore through organised activities.
* They care by helping those around them.
We also offer occasional activities on other nights and weekends.
Meetings are run by trained, experienced, Leaders who are supported by a team of skills instructors and helpers who have all been vetted by an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
What do Beavers wear?
As with the other sections of 1st Bedworth, Beavers wear a uniform.:
* Royal blue neckerchief,
The above items are worn to all colony meetings and activities together with a suitable pair of trousers, jogging bottoms or shorts, and suitable footwear.
On formal occasions Beaver are also expected to wear
* black, navy blue or dark grey trousers or shorts
* Black, navy blue, or dark grey socks
* Black boots or shoes
The Beaver Sweatshirt is available from us and costs £14.The necka’ is presented free when the recruit is invested, and most Beavers wear their school trousers and shoes with their uniform on formal occasions.
Interested in joining?
The Beaver Section is very popular. If you would like your child to join us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Woody on 07710113291 so that we can put your child on our joining list. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.