Cub Meetings in March
1st March – Home Skills Challenge
We will be making a hot drink with adult help and laying your table ready for if you were about to have dinner. If you don’t have a table use your imagination and use something else like your desk or lap tray.
Then we will be having fun removing your bedding and putting on clean sheets and there will be an extra bonus point if you load the washing machine!
8th March – Skills Challenge
This week we’ll be learning a new sport! We will be taking part in an activity video led by a professional instructor to learn how to warm up before exercise and learn a bit of Tai Chi.
15th March – Physical Recreation
Cubs should take part in a 3 month sport or activity and can use last week’s Tai Chi activity that they can improve on. If they can take photos or videos of their improvements and send it to [email protected]
22nd March – Local Knowledge
Cubs should find out what Bedworth Coat of Arms represents and where would you find it.
Do they know any famous people from Bedworth?
We’ll then be making a poster that advertises Bedworth.
29th March – Games Night
We’ll be having a bit of a games night. You won’t need anything extra this week!
Cub Meetings in February
1st February – Artist Badge
We’re going to be making a clay model so you’ll need:
- 1 cup of salt (273g)
- 2 cups of flour (370g)
- 3/4 cup of water (175ml)
- Mix the salt and flour in a bowl.
- Add water gradually to form a ball.
- Knead (pound, roll and pull) until it no longer falls apart.
- Do your project and allow it to dry at room temperature for approximately 2 day (more for larger or thinker projects).
- Store your salt dough in an airtight container as it keeps well for a few days.
8th February – Musician Badge
You’ll just need a plastic cup/beaker for this activity.
15th February – Chef Badge
We are making pancakes the ingredients we are using and recipe are:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower/vegetable oil
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and caster sugar
Come and join us for our Group’s Annual General Meeting which was postponed last year. Anybody is welcome to attend, just get in touch with us to request the meeting details.
These are some challenging days and it’s the children like you who have led the way in helping to cheer us all up.
Have you been drawing and painting rainbow pictures to spread a bit of hope and cheer at this difficult time?
If so, please send in your brilliant rainbow pictures to [email protected] so we can share them with the group and make a massive rainbow collage to spread the hope message further. If you haven’t already done one, get creative and make one to add to the collage.
Calling all Scouts and Explorers!
This will be based at the Scout Hut. Save the date and more details will be announced later in the year.
The cost of this camp includes Transport, food, camp fees and activities. An exciting weekend camp at Beaudesert Scout Camp in Staffordshire on the edge of Cannock Chase. We will be camping in tents and cooking on wood fires and gas stoves.
The activities will include traditional camp activities such as widegames, tracking, backwoods cooking & campfire. We will also be enjoying some adventurous activities based on the site.
The cost of this camp includes transport, food & boat hire. Scouts taking part on this weekend will be living on, crewing and operating a 12 berth narrowboat on the canal system around Rugby. They will be helming the boat, operating locks, cooking meals in the galley, learning how to maintain the boat and so on. This really is a hands on, active weekend.
There are only 8 places available on this activity.