We will continue to follow official guidance; the safety of everyone involved in Scouts, both young people and adults, is our number one priority. That is always at the heart of our decision making.
The Scouts Coronavirus webpage will be kept up to date with the guidelines that we will be following as a Group.
We will keep this page updated with any new information as and when we have it. This page is tailored specifically to 1st Bedworth Scout Group and aims to keep our members up to date with our activities and camps.
Following the latest updates from The Scouts, we have now returned to face to face activities.
Keeping you all safe is our top priority and there is a lot of very important information that you will need to read so that your youngster can return to face to face meetings. All of this information has been emailed to you.
Some of the sections will be meeting on different days and at different times to usual. We don’t plan on this being permanent and the changes had to be made to safely accommodate our members (young people and adults).
The following Sections will have received more information via email:
- Young Leaders
In the information emailed to you there is a link to a form which must be completed before your young person can return to face to face activities. We no longer need you to complete a permission form to attend face to face activities.
We have taken measures to ensure that our Scout Hut is COVID secure.
- The Scout Hut is ‘fogged’ using an antiviral disinfectant solution which cleans and sanitises large buildings effectively. We do this each month
- Cleaning of the Scout Hut is carried out before and after each face to face activity
- Cleaning and sanitisation equipment is available at the Scout Hut
- We will be cleaning any equipment used between sessions. If it cannot be cleaned, then it will be quarantined for 72 hours before being used again
- The toilets will be sanitised before and after each meeting
- There will be sanitiser and hand washing facilities available to be used before, during and after the meeting
- The internal and external doors will be open all the time to increase ventilation
- Please maintain social distancing at all times
- For anybody over the age of 16, there is a NHS Track and Trace QR code for you to scan on entry to the Scout Hut
- Scouts, Explorers and anybody over the age of 18 must wear a face covering while indoors (if you are medically exempt from this please let the Leader in Charge know ASAP)
If you are showing symptoms before going to the Scout Hut, or are currently self-isolating, please do not go to the Scout Hut and contact us ASAP.
If you develop symptoms up to 7 days after a meeting, please contact us ASAP so that we can advise further.
If you have been instructed to self-isolate then can you please fill in the following form: https://1stbedworth.co.uk/self-isolation
Youngsters are encouraged to work on badges at home. We have sent out some guidance on how to go about this and also we will be giving suggestions on suitable badges and links.
The Scouts have just added a brand new webpage called The Great Indoors which is packed with resources on how you can continue Scouting at home!
Starting from February 2021, we are charging our members subs again.
We are happy to say that subs will remain at £10/month (£2.50/week) and that this is the third year that we have not had to increase the cost of subs.
We are currently not able to accept any cash payments. Our preferred method of payments are via bank (BACS) transfer. If you cannot do a bank transfer we do have an alternative cash free method available if necessary.
We are now accepting subs payments by BACS/standing order. If you would like to pay subs by BACS/standing order it must be paid in advance and we would suggest a payment of £10 per month. This will keep your payments on track, as with the weeks we are closed it will average out over the course of the year.
To set up to pay this way please put SUBS and your child’s name in the payment reference and email Luke at [email protected] to say that a payment has been made. We do still ask that your youngster checks in at the start of the evening, so that our fire checklist and attendance register is correct.
You can also pay for activities and camps in this way. Put the reference as the activity name and your child’s name and then email Luke once the payment has been made.
Sort Code: 40-18-59
Account Number: 81139851
If you have any queries relating to subs payments please get in touch with us at [email protected].
We are hoping that our future activities will go ahead. Please continue to make payments to meet deadlines, secure in the knowledge that if we have to subsequently cancel these activities you will receive a full refund.