We will continue to follow official guidance; the safety of everyone involved in Scouts, both young people and adults, is our number one priority. That is always at the heart of our decision making.
The Scouts Coronavirus webpage will be kept up to date with the guidelines that we will be following as a Group.
We will keep this page updated with any new information as and when we have it. This page is tailored specifically to 1st Bedworth Scout Group and aims to keep our members up to date with our activities and camps.
Following the latest updates from The Scouts, we will be returning to face to face activities over the coming weeks.
Keeping you all safe is our top priority and there is a lot of very important information and some things that you will need to do so that your youngster can return to face to face meetings. All of this information has been emailed to you.
Some of the sections will be meeting on different days and at different times to usual. We don’t plan on this being permanent and the changes had to be made to safely accommodate our members (young people and adults).
The following Sections will have received more information via email:
- Young Leaders
Our Leadership team is hard at work looking at different ways to safely get our Beavers meeting face to face and we will share an update with the Beavers as soon as we have one.
In the information emailed to you there is a link to a form which must be completed before your young person can return to face to face activities.
We have taken measures to ensure that our Scout Hut is COVID secure.
- The Scout Hut is ‘fogged’ using an antiviral disinfectant solution which cleans and sanitises large buildings effectively. We do this each month
- Cleaning of the Scout Hut is carried out before and after each face to face activity
- Cleaning and sanitisation equipment is available at the Scout Hut
- We will be cleaning any equipment used between sessions. If it cannot be cleaned, then it will be quarantined for 72 hours before being used again
- The toilets will be sanitised before and after each meeting
- There will be sanitiser and hand washing facilities available to be used before, during and after the meeting
- The internal and external doors will be open all the time to increase ventilation
- Please maintain social distancing at all times
- For anybody over the age of 16, there is a NHS Track and Trace QR code for you to scan on entry to the Scout Hut
- Scouts, Explorers and anybody over the age of 18 must wear a face covering while indoors (if you are medically exempt from this please let the Leader in Charge know ASAP)
If you are showing symptoms before going to the Scout Hut, or are currently self-isolating, please do not go to the Scout Hut and contact us ASAP.
If you develop symptoms up to 7 days after a meeting, please contact us ASAP so that we can advise further.
Youngsters are encouraged to work on badges at home. We have sent out some guidance on how to go about this and also we will be giving suggestions on suitable badges and links.
The Scouts have just added a brand new webpage called The Great Indoors which is packed with resources on how you can continue Scouting at home!
We are currently running virtual Section meetings each week, at the normal time, with the usual Leaders. Alongside these meetings our Leaders are putting out new challenges and activities for our members to complete at home. You can see a list of the current challenges at our own Great Indoors page.
Starting from February 2021, we are charging our members subs again.
We are happy to say that subs will remain at £10/month (£2.50/week) and that this is the third year that we have not had to increase the cost of subs.
We will soon share more information about our plans for a Covid secure way for you to pay subs.
If you have any queries relating to subs payments please get in touch with us at [email protected].
All camps and activities are suspended until further notice. If and when activities are cancelled, we will work to organise refunds, however please bear in mind we will have a lot to organise over the coming weeks. As Scouts we will, as ever, do our best.
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic a few events have been cancelled. Unfortunately, it is likely that further activities will also be cancelled. Please rest assured that we will refund any payments made for the cancelled activities. It may take a little while to process the refunds as we will be awaiting refunds from the various organisers. When we know that an activity has been cancelled we will email you and ask you how you would like the refund to be made. There are three options:
- You can email [email protected] with your bank account details and we will BACS you a refund
- We can transfer the money to your youngster’s ‘camp bank’ account. The money can then be used towards any camp, activity, subs or item of equipment. It can also be withdrawn at a later date
- We can make out a cheque and deliver or post it to your home address
We are hoping that our future activities will go ahead. Please continue to make payments to meet deadlines, secure in the knowledge that if we have to subsequently cancel these activities you will receive a full refund