We are going to attempt a virtual campfire night!
Blankets, hot chocolate and marshmallows, optional.
We will be making salt dough models.
You will need:
- 1 cupful of plain flour (about 250g)
- half a cupful of table salt (about 125g)
- half a cupful of water (about 125ml)
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the water and stir until it comes together into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and shape into your chosen model. You can roll it out and cut out shapes, numbers or letters using biscuit cutters, or make any kind of model you can think of.
- Preheat the oven to its lowest setting and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Put your finished items on the lined baking sheet and bake for 3 hrs or until solid.
- Leave to cool and paint!
If you’re not currently joining us on our virtual meetings, why don’t you give this a go at home and send us some photos to [email protected]
Make instruments at home!
We will be playing some tunes in our “Beaver band”
We would love for everyone to have a go at creating their own instrument to bring to beavers. Here are some ideas:
- Balloon drum (http://www.creativescience.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Balloon-drum.pdf)
- Make your own mini drum kit with Pots and Pans (Please be careful and ask grown ups for permission first!)
- Shaker – put rice or frozen peas in a plastic bottle or container. Nice and easy to make!
- Mini guitar – put some elastic bands around a plastic container
- What noises do they make when strummed?
- What about different size elastic bands?
- What about different size containers?
What else can you think of?
If you’re not currently joining us on our virtual meetings, why don’t have a go at making an instrument and send us some photos or videos to [email protected]