We’re going to be making a clay model so you’ll need:
- 1 cup of salt (273g)
- 2 cups of flour (370g)
- 3/4 cup of water (175ml)
- Mix the salt and flour in a bowl.
- Add water gradually to form a ball.
- Knead (pound, roll and pull) until it no longer falls apart.
- Do your project and allow it to dry at room temperature for approximately 2 day (more for larger or thinker projects).
- Store your salt dough in an airtight container as it keeps well for a few days.
You’ll just need a plastic cup/beaker for this activity.
We are making pancakes the ingredients we are using and recipe are:
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower/vegetable oil
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with lemon wedges and caster sugar